Thursday, December 29, 2011

Birthday Card for Nan

I love this card - and so did my Nan.   The funny thing about a lot of creation is 90% of the time is getting the colour combos just right.  Only 10% in the actual making.  This card uses the Romantique range by Graphic 45.  To be honest, if I had my time again, I would make the orange background border the same army green as the cameo background.  I was over it by this point though lol.


A lot of these style of cards have a stamped image of a magnolia stamp or the like.  I felt that a tilda wasn't an appropriate image for my Nan - 92yrs.  Fortunately, I'd recently purchased a Maryann design die which I thought would fit the bill.  A bit of playing around and hey presto, let's turn it into a cameo!




Love how the flowers turned out, but moreso the embellishments - "Made with Love" loveheart was mounted on a foam dot and the antique pin.




The leaves were meant to be the same green as the floral leaves but the colours did not work.  Bit of playing around and I decided upon cutting the leaves out of the paper and adhering them.


The first flap open


reveals an intricate cutout using Spellbinders Fancy Tags 2.  I added a cutout of one of the stamps from the paper range.


Inside of card
Wasn't happy with the inside - it was the last to be done and again, I think I was over it.  The gift card certainly didn't fit the card but oh well.  The inside didn't really need to be done as the focus really is on the front.






Back of card
I got one of these cool stamps made with my name.  On reflection, perhaps I should have had "handmade" or "created" by, but oh well.  In all honesty, I originally stamped onto the card but it bled into the paper a bit so this tag is actually covering up a bit of a mess.  I think it worked out for the better though, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment